Shapeoko 2 - Mid-Span Support
So you want to go bigger? You want to stretch your Y axis rails to the brink? You should pickup a set of these mid-span supports.
What are mid-span supports. Well, it's complicated: They give your span of makerslide more support, in the middle.
But seriously, the mid-span supports connect to the side of your makerslide and then attach to another piece of extrusion or wood, running the length of your machine. The supports give your long span of makerslide more rigidity, and prevent the gantry from deflecting your Y axis.
Use one set every 300-400 mm.
The kit comes with:
- 2 x 12ga Supports
- 2 x 3 hole right angle brackets
- 6 x M5 x 12mm Socket Head Cap Screws
- 20 x M5 flat washers (black!)
- 6 x M5 Hex Nuts
- 8 x M5 x 8mm Socket Head Cap Screws
- 8 x pre-assembly insertion nuts
More from this collection